Wills and Administrations
There are now a number of different ways of searching the Calendars of Wills and Administrations for different time periods. Since May 2013, most of these Calendars have been made available online....
We have a calendar of events which is updated on a regular basis. It's a google calendar which is easy to read and can be viewed by day, week or month.
There are a vast range of courses available, relevant to the genealogy world. They are run within the whole of the island of Ireland.
Welcome to The Council of Irish Genealogical Organisations (CIGO)
Since it was first established in 1992 CIGO has been hard at work on behalf of Irish genealogists. We are a lobby group for the various national and international organisations sharing an interest in Irish genealogical research. We lobby for better and greater access to source material and through our work we give a voice to those involved in Irish genealogical research across the island of Ireland and beyond.
CIGO’s aims, as set out in its policy documents and constitution, are:
- To provide a forum for family history and genealogical groups and societies which share an interest in Irish research.
- To encourage, foster and promote greater public knowledge of and access to records relevant to genealogists, whether held by Civil, Ecclesiastical, or private bodies.
- To formulate, influence and co-ordinate policy on all issues of concern to member organisations.
- To encourage membership of CIGO by both Irish and overseas genealogical and family history organisations.
- To recognise achievement in Irish genealogy through its annual Award for Excellence in Genealogy.
The 2012 Award for Excellence in Genealogy
The 6th Annual CIGO Award for Excellence in Genealogy was presented on behalf of CIGO by Sammy Wilson, M.P., Minister of Finance and Personnel, to Dr Norman Caven, Registrar General for Northern Ireland, in the Public Search room at GRONI in Belfast on 20th December.